Take your office make-up straight to an event in 5 EASY steps!

by - 4:54 PM

Back when I was still in corporate, there were times wherein my teammates and I had to go straight to an event after work. I worked in the telco industry and as you would expect, things usually are very hectic, leaving me with very little time to re-touch my make-up before heading out. So, if you've ever found yourself in the same situation, I've got you covered! I'm sharing with you 5 EASY steps on how to re-touch, refresh, and amp up your make-up. :)

1. Blot your face and do a light dusting of powder
After an 8-hour workday, your foundation is likely to have worn off already, especially in areas such as your T-zone. Blot your face with an oil control sheet to get rid of any excess oil. Paper towels work, too. After blotting your face, do a light dusting of your face powder, preferably one with some coverage. Blotting your face before going in with foundation will prevent your make-up from looking cakey. I also prefer to use a brush over a sponge whenever re-applying powder foundation. Brushes make for easy, even distribution of product. With sponges, if you're not careful, you can patch on a little too much foundation in one area of your face. And that's the last thing you want on a face that's had make-up on for the past 8 hours!

I love my Shu Uemura Glow Enhancing Powder Foundation, especially for touch-ups! Provides just the right amount of coverage, never looks cakey, looks juuust peeerfect!

2. Re-touch your brows
Day to day, I just lightly fill in my brows with either a brow powder or a pencil. If I'm going out at night, I'll darken them up just a liiiittle bit to give more definition. Re-defining your brows are always a good idea, especially if there are going to be pictures taken during the event!

3. Perk up them lashes!
It's been a long day. Show your lashes some love! Not a fan of piling on more mascara, so I recommend just re-curling your lashes to open up your eyes. Just do a few, gentle squeezes - nothing too harsh! Curling your lashes too hard, especially if they already have mascara on, will make them ping straight up in a very strange, unnatural way. So, gentle squeezes at the bottom, middle, and tip of your lashes is the way to go.

If you want your lashes to really stand out, tightline your upper waterline with a waterproof, black liner. This will make your lashes look that much thicker! (This is kind of cheating, since it's technically an extra step, but hey, who's counting?!) Love the NARS Larger Than Life eyeliner in Via Veneto for this! (Guys, this is the only liner which does not smudge on me, and I have really oily lids, so trust me on this!!!)

4. Contour
A MUST if you're going to any event with picture-taking. A more defined face makes you look more awake and just better, in the most subtle way! Like, when you notice a friend and think they got their eyebrows or hair or nose done, but they haven't, and you think, "What in the world???" That's contouring.

No need to go overboard here! With a light hand, I just go over the hollows of my cheeks, around my temples, jawline, and down the sides of my nose. My fave contour powder, by far, is NYX blush in Taupe. My fave brush to use for contouring is the #32 angled blush brush by Marrionaud.

5. Go bold on the lips!
The quickest, easiest way to take your make-up from day to night is with a bold lip. Makes you look all glammed-up, and takes no time at all! Creating a decent, well-blended smokey eye probably takes waaay more time than doing all of the above 5 steps.

What's a no-fail bold lipcolor? Red. Goes with any look, any outfit, and is perfect for any event! My fave is still the Wet N Wild Megalast Lipstick in Stoplight Red. :)

I hope this has been helpful. I'll be back with my favorite peachy make-up products in preparation for the summer! :)

Always,
N

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Great post! Always love a bright color to instantly perk up the face :)

    By the way I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award :) You can view my post here: http://glimmeringshadows.blogspot.com/2015/03/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops, sorry for the delayed reply, but awww thanks! I appreciate it :)

      Delete