Hong Kong makeup haul

by - 10:22 PM

I realize it's been forever since my last post but I've really been insanely busy ever since I got back from my HK trip with friends. I've been attending school events (graduation practice and Blue Roast) and running errands for my parents. My family and I are actually leaving for Europe this Thursday (I am SO SO SO EXCITED!!) and although I'm sick and should be really resting up for my trip, I didn't want to leave without posting a new entry.

Hence, I decided to post my makeup haul from HK!

When I was a child, going to HK only meant going to the ginormous Toys R Us store and picking up a new Barbie doll or a new Polly Pocket for my collection. But as I grew up, I traded my dolls for makeup. And I came to know HK as makeup heaven. :) (Shallow, I know.) Makeup in HK is actually cheaper than anywhere else in Asia. (I'm told this is because makeup is not taxed in HK. I'm not entirely sure, I could be making that up, so please don't quote me!) I haven't been to HK in over 3 years, so you can just imagine the excitement and anticipation I felt.

BUT. (And here's the but) I was on a self-imposed makeup-buying ban. Late last year, I realized that I really had too too too much makeup and that I needed to cut down on buying and just enjoy using up what I had in my collection. BUT (and here's the but again) when was I going to go back to HK, right? So I justified that buying only a few products aside from the things that I really needed would be okay. :D Hehe

Here's my loot!
1. Skin79 BB Cream
Buying this product was exempted from the makeup-buying ban simply because it was something I really needed. I was completely out of tinted moisturizer and BB cream and so I decided to pick this one up since I've heard so many good things about it. I hear it's formulated for oily skin which is perfect for me. And isn't the packaging just so adorable?! So sue me- I'm a sucker for cute packaging. Skin79 is not available in the Philippines but I hear they will soon be. Still trying this one out. Will be sure to post about it! :)

2. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes
This was also excluded from my make-up-buying ban since it was something I desperately needed. I was completely out of makeup wipes and this is the absolute best one I've tried (Sorry, MAC!) This is also sadly not available in the Philippines so it was definitely on my to-buy list going to HK. :) I bought two packs - one for me and one for my BFF Daryl  because I know she was on the hunt for good makeup wipes. :)

3. YSL Touche Eclat
Now, this one is an 'extra buy,' or so I would like to call it. The YSL Touche Eclat is probably one of the most well-known products in the beauty world. Many love this. I even read somewhere that YSL sells one of these every 10 seconds. INSANITY! I admit this product is pricey, but I let myself have it because I know it was going to be waaay more expensive if I were to buy it elsewhere. Plus, I don't buy products this expensive everyday anyway. Hehehe

4. MAC Tendertone in Tread Gently
Extra buy #2! If you're as crazy as me and have been following MAC collections, you will know that everyone was so so so excited for the MAC Shop + Cook collection mainly because they would be repromoting the Tendertones. Tendertones were first released about three or four years ago and have not been out since. They're these amazingly smooth lip balms with SPF12 in them. They come in many different colors and smell like strawberry kiwi! I had already accepted that they would be sold out everywhere and that I would not be able to get a hold of these babies. So when I was at SOGO in Causeway Bay and saw that they had all four colors still available, I knew I had to get one. I picked Tread Gently which is a shimmery yellowy green color just because it's so unexpected. Everything about it - the color, the smell, the SPF, how it feels on your lips - just screams summer to me. If you ever chance upon Tendertones, definitely pick some up. You won't regret it. :)

5. Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara
Extra buy #3. I just had to. It's mascara. And for my bottom lashes or lack thereof? Sold. 

6. Shiseido Lipstick
This one is also exempted from my makeup-buying-ban as I bought this one as a present for my mom. :) I don't know what shade it was, though my mom said she loves it! Yay! :D


I think I did pretty good, didn't I? Cheers to self-control! :)

Spain and Portugal, be ready! :D

 ,
Nicole


You May Also Like

0 comments