My Travel Make-up

by - 10:56 PM

I must confess: I'm the worst packer I know. My friends and family know this. I always, always, always bring more than what I need. I began packing for my Hong Kong trip with some friends this afternoon (We're leaving this coming Sunday, woohoo!) And I thought I'd show you all my travel make-up. Of course, these items would vary depending on the duration of the trip, the weather of the places we'll be going to (if it's going to be cool and dry or hot and humid), and the activities we'll be doing (if it's shopping, sight-seeing, or if we'll be going bar-hopping, etc.)

Not really make-up, but still considered part of the family. HK weather at this time will be quite cold. As my skin tends to get dry in cold weather, I brought along a bottle of Vaseline body lotion. I just borrowed this one from my mom. The main reason why I picked this one out of the bajillion other bottles of lotion we have here is that it has SPF in it. I tend to be more conscious of the sun when I'm traveling -- I don't know why. The one to the left is a travel-size Clinique Dramatically Different moisturizing lotion. I use this one for my face at night.

Laura Mercier oil-free primer and oil-free tinted moisturizer, as always. These are just travel-sized ones. I can tell there's not much left. I'm hoping it'll last me the trip, though! The tinted moisturizer is not as full-coverage as a foundation, but much more lightweight and gives me just enough coverage to even out my skin. I skip the Clinique DD moisturizing lotion for my face in the morning. Instead, I just use this -- moisturizer, sunscreen, and light foundation in one! :) The primer is just to make sure the rest of my make-up lasts the entire day.

Make-up wipes from Bench to get my make-up off at night. I prefer to bring make-up wipes as opposed to make-up remover when I'm traveling. There's only probably two pulls left in there, which is fine because I'm picking up a pack of Neutrogena make-up remover cleansing towelettes at the Watsons there anyway. (Best make-up wipes. Ever. Sadly, you can't get these in the Philippines.)

Clockwise from top: Revlon Skinlights concealer/highlighter duo, MAC Studio Finish concealer, MAC Studio Fix powder.
MAC Studio Fix powder - Brought this in case I do not feel like using tinted moisturizer. It's pretty full-coverage, too. I can also use this to set my tinted moisturizer for an extra kick of coverage, or just to make sure it lasts throughout the day.
Revlon Skinlights concealer / highlighter duo - I got this when I was in Taiwan last year. I use this for my undereye area and around my nose.
MAC Studio Fix concealer - I use this for any blemishes or discoloration on my face. Covers up absolutely anything. Has SPF35 in it too.

For my cheeks.

Stila Sun bronzing powder for days when I feel I just need a little more warmth on my face. 

Plus points again for the SPF content!

NARS Multiple in Orgasm. Cream-to-powder finish. Blends easily. Goes with everything. Makes your skin look glowy and dewy and healthy! I prefer cream blushes in cold weather just because a powder blush might make my skin look all the more drier. 

Of course I brought my Shu Uemura eyelash curler and mascara with me. Must-bring items, for sure! The mascara I'm using right now is the Maybelline One By One mascara. I've been liking it a lot (maybe even more than the Maybelline Falsies, ssh don't tell!) Separates my lashes and volumizes them really well. What I especially like about this is that it's super, super, super black. :) Oh, and it's waterproof. I always bring a waterproof mascara whenever I travel. I also brought my MAC eyebrow pencil and ELF clear brow gel just if I want to look a little bit more put-together. I also brought two eyeliners -- one blue, one white. The white one is MAC eye kohl in Fascinating. I doubt I'll use this during the trip though. But I just like to bring it in case I look extra sleepy or tired that day. Running this on my waterline makes me look extra awake. The blue eyeliner is just an alternative to the white one. Blue eyeliner can make your eyes look whiter and brighter, too. This one is MAC Powerpoint eyeliner pencil in Prussian. What's especially nice about this is that it's waterproof, so you don't have to worry about it smudging or smearing throughout the day. 

Just one lip product. MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner in Petting Pink. No to chapped, dry, sunburnt lips!

I'm only bringing two brushes with me: a blush brush and a kabuki brush for my Studio Fix powder.

Although this might still be too much for non-make-up junkies, I think this is the least I've ever brought with me on a trip. I'm quite proud of myself. YAY, me!


,
Nicole



You May Also Like

0 comments