FINALLY BACK! Reviving my blog with my 2014 beauty faves.

by - 3:21 PM

2014 is so last year, but can we just take a moment to reminisce about the beauty products we loved? Here we go!


Best Foundation/Powder: 3W Clinic Natural Make-up Powder
Since I don't like wearing heavy foundation-y products, this is what I would use on a daily basis. Discovered this in the second half of the year, but have used it almost every day since! Super lightweight, looks super natural, never looks powdery or cakey. This is quite popular among Asian beauty product lovers. I hear Korean celebrities use this. Super affordable too, I got mine for only PHP300+ for such a huge container!

Best Concealer: MUFE Full Cover + Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles (not in picture) + Rimmel Wake Me Up
For blemishes and dark spots, Make Up For Ever Full Cover concealer. Quite pricey, but you need only the smallest amount to cover your spots, so this does last you ages! Super opaque, and lasts well through the humid Manila heat.
For undereye circles, I'd go with the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles - formula is very light, so it sits well on your undereye area, isn't too opaque, brightening, while still looking natural. Went through two tubes of this last year. Currently using the Rimmel Wake Me Up. I got this in Boots when I was in London last April. Performs just as well, but I feel the Maybelline one is just a little bit better!

Best Undereye Setting Powder: Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
Keeps my undereye concealer in place all day, brightens up your undereye as well. I've used this every day for over a year now, and I still have so much left! To be honest though, I won't be repurchasing this only because I can use the 3W Clinic powder for the same function.

Best Bronzer: Revlon Photoready Bronzer in Bronzed & Chic
These chubby cheeks need a bronzer year-round. I like this bronzer because I can mix the two darkest shades to use as a contour, or I can mix all the shades together for an all-over bronze.

Best Highlighter: The Balm Mary Lou-manizer
I totally get the hype around this. This gives you the prettiest warm, golden-champagne-y glow. This is crazy pigmented, and you get such a huge container, I have no idea if I'm even going to be able to use this all up. This kind of settles in your pores/fine lines, though, so I would use a good primer before! I use this as an inner-corner highlight/eyeshadow more than a cheek highlight.

Best Blush: Benefit Benetint + Ever Bilena Lip & Cheek Tint
For everyday, I prefer lip & cheek tints because they're easy to apply, and long-wearing. My Benefit Benetint is not in the picture because I've used that all up already. I've gone through maybe three or four bottles already. The Ever Bilena one is a very affordable alternative - costs only PHP100+, and works just as well! Plus points also since it's a local product. #PinayBeautyOnABudget

Best Lip Products: Dior Creme de Rose + Happy Skin Moisturizing Lippies
The Dior Creme de Rose is the most luxurious-feeling lip balm I've ever tried. Thick, moisturizing, smells like roses, and has SPF10. It's ridiculous how expensive it is though (impulse buy, sighs.) so will not be repurchasing this.
The Happy Skin Moisturizing Lippies already have half of my heart just for being locally-made. Aside from that, they give me everything - shine, moisture, and color. My two fave colors are Crushing On You (a neutral, everyday MLBB color), and My First Time (a neutral, very wearable red). If you could only get one, I'd say go for My First Time - it's such an easy red to wear. You can wear it sheer or as a stain by just blotting it with your fingers, or you can pile it on for a more dramatic red lip!

Best Eyeshadow Primer/Base: Too Faced Shadow Insurance + Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze
Cult-fave Too Faced Shadow Insurance is my pick for a see-through based. Goes with everything, keeps my eyeshadows in place all day and all night.
For a colored-based, I cannot rave enough about the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze. You can wear it as an eyeshadow base underneath other colors, or you can wear it on its own. If you don't know how to do a smokey eye (and I don't too), get this! The cool thing about this is that it looks like you've put on more than just one color on your eyes when you've really only just used this. It naturally looks darker in the crease of your eye. Perfection!

Best Eyeshadow: Urban Decay Naked 1 Palette
On the off-chance that I do wear eyeshadow, I go for neutral shades. The UD Naked 1 Palette is by far, the best neutral shadow palette I've ever come across. It has some really wearable shades for daytime, but also has some really dark shadows which you can use to smoke out your look for night time, or to use as liner. The shades on the warmer side, so they're perfect for Asian/Filipina skin. :) I have waaay too many neutral shadows in my drawer, but I tend to grab this the most!

Best Mascara: Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill
For years, I have tried more higher-end brands and have always went back to the Maybelline The Falsies. But last year, I decided to try again and have found treasure in the Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill mascara. This has to be the priciest mascara I've ever tried (another impulse buy, sighs.), but is the only one which I felt performed as well as the Maybelline one. When I first opened it, it was a very wet formula and my lashes respond better to drier ones. But like wine and George Clooney and Robert Downey Jr., this got better with time! It dried up juuust a bit after a few weeks and worked wonders for my lashes! The only downside is that it isn't waterproof, though I didn't experience any smudging or flaking. Maybelline The Falsies has always had my heart. Will be going back to Maybelline this year.

What are your 2014 faves? Do share! :)

Sending you lots of positive vibes for the new year! Cheers!

♥, Nicole

P.S.
Follow me on Instagram: @heynicoleyu :)

You May Also Like

0 comments