Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze: the easiest smokey eye in under 10 seconds!

by - 12:11 PM

I will, in fact, be dedicating an entire blog entry to profess my undying love for the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze.


I love me a neutral cream shadow. It's the quickest, easiest way to add some color and definition to the eyes. They're great as bases, to prolong the wear of your powdered shadows and to make them more vibrant, but they're also great on their own! Bad to the Bronze is the most beautiful golden-bronze cream shadow that I've ever laid my eyes on. If you don't know how to do a smokey eye, no problem! I don't either. I just use this, dab, dab, dab on my eyes and voila!

But before I go on and on (and on) about how you should run (don't walk, RUN.) to get this now, here are the product claims:
on wear time: Maybelline calls this their longest-wearing cream gel shadow at a wear-time of 24 hours. 
on formula: Maybelline promises a smooth application providing vibrant color that does not fade. 

Now, I don't know about the whole 24-hour wear-time claim because I've never actually worn this (or any make-up product, for that matter) for 24-hours. The longest I've had this product on is 6 hours, and it certainly wore well with no creasing and no fading that I could see, considering I did not set it with any powder eyeshadow on top. I did use a primer underneath though (I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance) because I wanted to make sure it would hold up against the Manila humidity and heat. I have heard people say that this holds up really well even without a primer, though!

The formula itself was very smooth. As with all cream shadows, I prefer to use just my ring finger to apply. You certainly could use a brush, but I just feel that the warmth from your fingers help to melt the product more on to your skin, making for a smoother, more even application. I did not have any problems with it chunking up on my eyelids during application.

Can we talk about the color now?


It is the most gorgeous bronze color I've ever, ever, ever seen! You know those eyeshadow colors that look differently in different lightings, those that look naturally lighter on your lids, and naturally darker in the crease? (I like to call these multi-dimensional eyeshadows) This is one of those colors!! These types are my favorite shadows to work with, because you can literally just use one color - blend it all over your lids and into the crease - and it looks like you've "made an effort." It looks like you've spent a lot of time blending several shades, when all you really did was slap on a single color. Bad to the Bronze is the perfect shade for both day and night. You can do just a few quick dabs of this to give you a really pretty, but defined daytime look OR build this up for more drama if you're going out at night. This shade of bronze is so universal, I think it would look amazing on just about anyone no matter what your skintone is. (I've seen this on  the super fair-skinned, and even those with a darker skintone, and the color looks stunning on both.) This is one of those products to easily take your look from day to night!

If I could have only one eyeshadow for the rest of my life (what a depressing thought), I would pick this in a heartbeat. This is quite the popular product among beauty bloggers and I totally get the hype. The best part? It's mega affordable and accessible at only PHP395 at any Maybelline counters in major department store or Watsons branches nationwide. (Maybelline PH often does 20% or 50% off, so you can get a better deal!)

Go get you some!!

You May Also Like

0 comments