Current blush faves ❤

by - 2:17 PM

I love blush. It's my fave make-up item among all. I love how even a light dusting can make you look that much healthier. And you could totally change up your entire look just by using a different type of blush. (And okay, I love accentuating my chubby cheeks with blush to make them look even chubbier.)


On regular days (wherein I always seem to be rushing), I would normally just use my Ever Bilena lip & cheek tint - it's quick, easy, lasts all day, and I can slap it on in literally just five seconds without a mirror. On days that I do have extra time, though, I will use a powder blush, just to break the boring habit. My blush picks have evolved over the years - long ago, my picks would normally be of the pink to peachy-pink families. These days, I prefer peachy-pinks to rosy-nudes or rosy-tans for my blush.

L-R: 1-Benefit Blush in Bella Bamba, 2-Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso, 3-Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed; Swatches are down below! :)

1. Benefit Blush in Bella Bamba
Bella Bamba is a peachy-pink with tiny shimmers running through it. I would normally stay away from blushes with shimmer but with this one, the shimmers are really fine, so it doesn't make your face look like a disco ball. This is one of those peachy-pink blushes which can work for a wide range of skin tones because it's not too pink, not too peach. I go for this one on minimal make-up days because I know this blush will just amp everything up, even if I'm just wearing some concealer, mascara, and lip balm. As with all Benefit powder blushes, this smells super good, too! - kind of like peaches. (Note: This is as pink as my blush pick these days is going to get.)




2. Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso
I've said it in my previous entry, this blush is everything I hoped NARS Orgasm to be (read about it here) It's the perfect glowy, peachy-pink blush to make you look healthy. If you want glowing skin, this is THE blush for it! Definitely a lot peacher than Benefit Bella Bamba. The shimmers in this one are so finely-milled (even moreso than Benefit Bella Bamba) that when you put it on your face, you can't even really tell that it has shimmer - it just looks like your skin is 'glowing from within.' This doubles as a cheek highlight also for me because it gives my face an extra 'lift.' I love it even more for the price, I got mine through an online shop for only PHP400. Amazing!




3. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed
This is another cult fave in the beauty community, and I will go ahead and say that I totally get the hype on this. In the pan though, it's really not that pretty. And by swatching it, it's just a matte rosy tan (and almost brown) color that looks, you know, boring. But this is one of those blushes that trick you! When you go and actually apply some on to your cheeks, it's the prettiest rosy tan color that just makes you look so sophisticated and put-together. Doubles as a subtle contour, too, so when applied correctly, it can give you a slightly more chiseled look (I think this is what makes it look sophisticated.) I would say this is the most versatile among the three in this list, because I can wear it on "no make-up" make-up days or with a full-face of make-up and it will look good, just the same. On "no make-up" make-up days, it just adds a lil' sumn-sumn that ties in your entire look without looking like you've used an actual blush. Just the same, with a full-face of make-up, this ties everything in nicely without overpowering any other features you might have played up. I would use this the most back when I was still working in corporate because it was muted enough to where it wasn't distracting, but it still gave me that extra kick. The formula on this line of blushes is also known to be incredibly long-wearing, and good for both dry or oily skin types. I have combination-oily skin and it certainly does last well throughout the day. I'll go a 10-hour workday and still have the color on my cheeks intact with zero re-touching.




As promised, here are the swatches:
L-R: Benefit Blush in Bella Bamba unblended & blended, Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso unblended & blended, Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed unblended & blended
That's it for my fave blushes! What are yours?

P.S. I'd love it if you'd follow my Instagram @heynicoleyu :)

You May Also Like

0 comments