TAG: 7 Deadly Sins of Beauty

by - 10:10 AM

I've decided to make every Wednesday a TAG Day wherein I'll be doing beauty tags instead of my regular posts.

For today, I'll be doing the 7 Deadly Sins of Beauty TAG which was quite popular maybe 1-2 years ago. (I'm late on the bandwagon!)

1. GREED: What is your most inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive?
Inexpensive: Ever Bilena Color Pencil (PHP75)
I use this one as a brow pencil and it works pretty well - the pencil is quite soft, it's not super hard, so you don't feel as though you're tugging and ripping the skin on your eyebrows when you're putting this on. The color is a medium reddish brown, so I do have to be careful with this. I don't apply a lot, I just do a few quick, short strokes, then I blend it in with a spoolie brush. Sometimes, I use a matte, neutral brown shadow to blend. For the price, you just can't beat it! :) You can get it locally at any Watsons, SM or Robinsons Department Store.



Expensive: Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Eye Cream (approximately PHP2600)
I bought this while I was in Hong Kong and I remember being super shocked by how expensive it was. It took me a lot of willpower to actually purchase this, but I figured, since beauty products are cheaper in HK than anywhere else, I might as well. Eye creams are usually pretty pricey too. For the price tag, you'd think you'd be getting a lot more than just 0.5oz! But we're all for investing in good skin care, am I right?


2. WRATH: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with?
Liquid liner. I've only very recently been getting the hang of using a liquid liner, mainly because I've been going for the winged liner + red lip look a la Tay-tay! But it requires an inhumane amount of concentration and I just find it too time-consuming. I love the look of it, but can't be bothered to do it. 

3. GLUTTONY: What are your most delicious beauty products?
MAC Tendertones and Too Faced Chocolate Eye Palette.
If you've watched YouTube beauty videos for a while, you'll know that MAC Tendertones are all the rage (especially since they only come out in limited edition collections) They're sheer lip balms in different colors and provide a nice amount of moisture and SPF, but the best part is that they smell. like. strawberry kiwi. WHAT THE FUDGE. And being the psycho that I am, of course I snatched up two of them (Tread Gently, which is the yellow green one, and Purring, the orange one) when they came out in a limited edition collection two (or three?) summers ago! The other one (Deep Sigh, which is a deep, shimmery bronze which surprisingly looks super pretty on!) that I have is from an even older collection.

The Too Faced Chocolate Eye Palette is a very recent buy. This was a Christmas present I bought for myself just last December. Not that I needed another neutral eyeshadow palette, but ya know. Anyway, this smells like legit chocolate. As soon as you open the palette, you get a whiff of its yummy chocolatiness. It doesn't linger on your skin or anything; once you put it on, the smell goes away. The colors are reaaaally pretty too, so this is a good one to get! Totes recommend!


I can't take the chocolatey goodness inside!!!
4. SLOTH: What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness?
A cheek highlight. I have combination skin, so I do get a natural glow/dewiness throughout the day without having to put on any extra product. For me, this is just an extra step with no extra value.

5. PRIDE: What beauty product gives you the most self-confidence?
I think having good skin can really boost one's confidence, so for this, I chose concealer - to brighten your under eye area and cover any blemishes. I'm currently using Rimmel Wake Me Up for my under eye and MUFE Full Cover for any blemishes.



6. LUST: What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex?
How is this related to beauty? But okay (haha), I find intelligent and funny guys most attractive. I want to be able to have a good, meaningful conversation with a person. :)

7. ENVY: What items would you most like to receive as a gift?
I like receiving things that I need, but don't really like to spend the money on myself - so for items in general, I like power banks, earphones, external hard drives, planners, gym bags, etc. Same goes with beauty items in particular. I love receiving facial cleansers, cleansing oils, and make-up removers/wipes! I never like spending the money on it myself just because I feel it's way more fun to spend it on "fun" stuff like a new lipstick, or a new blush. Or maybe that's just the psycho in me talking.


Happy hump day, folks!

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. You described him well (*wink wink*) --- "I find intelligent and funny guys most attractive. I want to be able to have a good, meaningful conversation with a person. :)"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im a fan of liquid liners too! I use L'Oreal Super Liner Black. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mabie! :) I know a lot of people like that one. Is that a thin tip or a thicker one? I'm kinda new to liquid liner, so I'm still experimenting! :)

      Delete