July 29: National Lipstick Day

by - 9:41 AM

In honor of National Lipstick Day today, I think it's only proper that I do a post on my favorite lipstick. Am I right or right? :)


But I'll be real with you all - I don't wear lipstick everyday. I prefer lip tints or balms just because they're so much easier to apply, super low-maintenance, and they feel nice and hydrating on the lips. If I do want to look a little bit more put-together though, I'll go for a nude pink lipstick. My favorite is the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy. 




When I was thinking of which lipstick to feature on this entry, I knew immediately that it was going to be this one. This lipstick gives me everything - color, shine, and moisture. The color is a nude pink with a subtle shimmer that I think just ties in your entire look - it's not too nude that it washes you out, nor not too pink that it catches your attention. It's quite sheer and a bit shiny, so it looks really natural. It's the perfect rosy MLBB for a fresh daytime look that can also be paired with a more dramatic smoky eye. If you're anything like me and cannot stand gritty shimmer on your lip products, FEAR NOT! The shimmers on this are so fine that you can't even really tell on your lips - you can just see a little bit in the tube. They're so fine that you can't feel them either. The texture on this is great too, it glides on your lips and feels moisturizing on. The thing with lipstick though is that the easier it glides on, the easier it comes off. I'll get a comfortable 3-4 hour wear on this before I have to re-apply. I don't really mind having to re-apply since it doesn't dry out my lips anyway even after several applications. My experience with a lot of lipsticks is that my lips feel a lot drier right before I re-apply because my lips are already dried out from the first application. I haven't experienced that with this one. The formula, texture, and color payoff of this reminds me a lot of the MAC Lustre lipsticks. Basically, it's a lipstick that feels like a lip balm!

The price tag on this is a little hefty, though. On the Chanel website, it says it costs $36.00. I purchased this from Duty Free at the Dubai International Airport some time ago, so I did get it tax-free. As pretty as this is, I don't think it's worth the full price, especially since I tend to favor lip balms over lipsticks on a day-to-day basis. Though, it is good to have a nude pink that goes with everything. So if you have a gift card, some points or coupons that you can use, or if you can get it tax-free at a Duty Free, this is a good one to pick up. Otherwise, save it - there will be other lipsticks out there, maybe even prettier - we just haven't found them yet!

Swatches below!


L-R: 3 swipes; 1 swipe only
Here's what it looks like on - one swipe only

What's your favorite lipstick? Or do you prefer lip balms too?

Happy National Lipstick Day!

❤,
N

You May Also Like

0 comments