Skincare and make-up in one ❤

by - 10:53 PM

One of my 2015 New Year Resolutions is to take better care of my skin. Happy to report that not only have I gotten my skincare regimen down to a T (which I talk about here), but I've also been quite religious about it! Another step I've taken is to trade in some of my make-up for new ones which are infused with skin-loving ingredients. I love it when brands do that - it almost feels like skincare and make-up in one, so it makes you look good and feel good. :) My pick for these types of products is Happy Skin Cosmetics.

Happy Skin is the brainchild of Proud Pinays Jacque Yuengtian-Gutierrez and Rissa Mananquil-Trillo whose promise was to bring us “best skin-caring make-up products.” Since its launch in October 2013, the brand has released an extensive line of products infused with healthy, skin-loving ingredients such as Shea Butter, Collagen, Argan Oil, Cherry Blossom Extracts, and Hyaluronic Acid.

My favorite item from their product line-up is their Shut Up & Kiss Me Moisturizing Lipstick of which I have quite a few shades. Actually, I have seven. I swear I haven’t gone crazy (yet), but they’re my absolute faves! They give you everything – moisture, shine, and color. Infused with Shea Butter and Collagen, these lippies sure keep your lips nice and nourished without compromising color payoff. Color payoff is insane! I find with most shades I have (and others which I’ve swatched in stores), one swipe is enough to give you an opaque color. (I’ll show you in the swatches down below!) I cannot stand the look and feel of dry lips underneath lipstick, so I usually apply lip balm first before going in with any lipstick. These, however, are so moisturizing that I find I’m able to skip the lip balm and just go straight in with this. I’m always, always rushing in the morning to leave for work, so I’m more than happy to be able to skip an extra step! The Shea Butter and the Collagen in these do something magical to your lips – they just glide on perfectly without accentuating dry patches or lines. I think the Collagen plumps up the lips so that the lines seem less obvious, making your lips look that much healthier. I get about a good three or four hours wear with these before I have to reapply, which I’d say is pretty good wear time for lipsticks this moisturizing! 



The line consists of an extensive color range from nudes to mauves to peaches to pinks to reds to plums to terracotta and to everything in between! Majority of these lipsticks come in a satin finish, so they provide a nice shine on your lips. Recently though, they've launched a matte formula which promises to be matte AND moisturizing at the same time! I usually stay away from mattes since I don't like the dryness that comes with it, but I am pumped to give these a whirl. :)

Another thing I love is the packaging on these. They come in a jumbo twist-up crayon form reminiscent of the Clinique Chubby Sticks which makes application so easy! Just putting it out there, too, that the packaging of the entire range of Happy Skin products is adorable with the quirkiest product names. Get this – they have a Don’t Get Mad, Get Even foundation, a Get Cheeky With Me blush, and a Make A Clean Sweep micellar make-up cleanser. Precious! Reminds me a lot of Benefit.

These lippies retail for about P549 to P649 each, depending on the shade you're getting. They're on the pricier side for local cosmetics, but for the quality you're getting, I think they're totally worth it. Happy Skin products are available at Plains and Prints stores nationwide, and also in select Rustans locations. I usually get mine in-store so I can try the products firsthand. If you prefer to do a little bit of research first and browse through other products, ZALORA offers many different make-up brands with skin-loving ingredients including Happy Skin. While I enjoy collecting make-up, I do do my homework first before actually purchasing them. See? I haven't gone completely bonkers. ;)


L-R: 1-Crushing On You, 2-The Morning After, 3-Style Icon, 4-Valentine Kiss, 5-24 Carat, 6-My First Time, 7-Red Carpet; all one swipe only. Multiple swipes done next to each other to make swatches more visible. Multiple swipes are done next to each other, never one on top of the other. :)
Valentine Kiss mixed with Crushing On You, blended in with my finger. No filter, in natural daylight. :)
Have you tried these lippies yet? What are your favorite shades?

❤, 
N

You May Also Like

0 comments