Sleek MakeUP Contour Kit

by - 5:31 PM


I was born with naturally and permanently fleshy (read: chubby) cheeks. I say permanently because it doesn't matter if I've lost any weight - my face remains as chubby as ever! Not complaining, though. Have learned to embrace and love this about my face since I think it makes me look at least a few years younger - and I'll take any pass I can to shed a few years off!

Once in a while though, I do like to subtly contour my face to add some subtle dimension. For events, I go a bit heavier on the contour so that my face comes out more chiseled and defined in photos. Lately, my favorite product to contour with has been this Contour Kit by Sleek MakeUP. I have it in the shade Light.


It comes with in a sleek (hehe), black compact that contains the contour powder and a highlighter to go with it.


I especially like the contour powder in this kit because it's not too cool, nor too warm. Too cool contour powders can look grayish or muddy, while too warm powders can look orange and sunburn-like. It's quite difficult to come across a product such as this that is the perfect shade.


I would describe the formula of the contour powder to be a satin. In the pan, it certainly looks matte, and there is no detectable shimmer in the product, but when you put it on with a brush, it looks as if there is a very subtle, natural sheen to it, just enough to make it not look completely flat.




Pigmentation of the product is also very good. For a subtle, everyday contour, dipping my brush in once is enough to do one side of my face. Formula is buildable, though, so I do go in with more product if say, I'm going out at night or will be taking a lot of flash photography.

This contour kit also comes with a nice, champagne highlight powder. To be honest though, I don't use it all that often only because I have a lot of other highlighters which I like a lot more (read about them here) I don't have any complaints about it though. It's certainly a nice, champagne shade, and although this does contain some shimmer in it, the formula is so finely-milled that I don't find it to settle in my pores or facial lines. This kit would certainly be nice to travel with since you won't have to take two separate products anymore. The compact also comes with a good mirror for on-the-go application!

Retail price for this kit at malls is PHP575. Not bad for a quality 2-in-1 product.

Have you tried this? What are your favorite products to contour or highlight with? Would love to hear about them!








You May Also Like

0 comments