MAC Mehr

by - 11:50 AM


I recently did a major make-up collection declutter prior to moving out of my old home and into my new one with my hubby and his family. It was the perfect opportunity for a declutter because: a.) I really had waaaayyy too much make-up already, more than I'll ever need in this lifetime, or the next, b.) I wanted to have a smaller collection of products that I truly love and use, rather than a bajillion of something that I hardly reach for, and c.) I really don't like packing and unpacking things.


... Aaaaand since I had gotten rid of more than half my collection, I thought it would be okay for me to purchase one, new lipstick. Just a teeny, tiny baby single one. (Oh please don't let this turn into a vicious cycle..) For my one, new lipstick purchase, I wanted a color that I could wear everyday either with a full face of make-up on or even with minimal product - I chose MAC Mehr.


MAC Mehr is described as a dirty, blue pink. Despite leaning more on the cooler side, this shade can be easily pulled off even by those with warmer skin tones. I normally can't pull off pinks that are even the slightest bit cool-toned, so I was pleasantly surprised to find that this works as a nice, everyday shade for me.



One swipe only
One search on Google will tell you that this shade is one of MAC's best-selling ones, and I can totally see why. It's neutral enough to wear with a smokey eye, yet is the perfect shade for even just a face powder-brows-mascara-blush kind of day. It adds just the right amount of color to bring life to your face and make you look polished! I can see this working for a wide range of skin tones, too.

Another thing I love about this is that you can go really light with this by just dabbing the lipstick on to your lips, or you could go full-on Kylie Jenner and wear this over a deeper lip liner with mauve/brown undertones.

This shade comes in a matte formula, so I make sure to exfoliate my lips first to get rid of any flakiness prior to application. Another thing I noticed is that this lipstick can accentuate lip lines if applied too heavily, so be careful not to go overboard with this one! Staying power is approximately five hours with light snacking and drinking in between. Eating a full meal or something oily though, will require me to touch up.

MAC Mehr has become a permanent fixture in my handbag. I might even go as far as saying I have finally found my holy grail MLBB lip shade. (I never thought this day would come!) Definitely a keeper in my books. If you ever have the chance or you're in the market for a new lipstick, I really hope you give this one a whirl!

MAC Mehr on my lips

You May Also Like

0 comments