From Make-Up to Motherhood

by - 2:59 PM


Guess what? I'm going to be a mommy soon!


Saying it out loud still feels surreal, but I'm slowly getting used to it. Not going to lie -- the first few months of my pregnancy have been some of strangest (and to a certain extent, terrifying) months of my life. I'm beyond blessed to have an incredible husband, a very supportive family (mine, my in-laws, and our extended families) and the most amazing set of friends. Is there such a thing as pre-partum depression? LOL If there were, then I'm pretty sure I would've suffered from that without the love and support I received. 

A quick scroll through my blog will tell you that I previously only wrote about make-up and shopping. It used to be that I would spend all my idle time just browsing the web and my social media feeds for the newest make-up collections that came out. Lately though, rather than watching beauty hauls and tutorials on YouTube, I've been reading up on pregnancy -- the fun part, which is maternity clothes and baby things shopping, and also on the not-so-fun parts, which include what food to avoid, and all the terrifying symptoms that come with being pregnant.

It's true what they say, no one and nothing can ever prepare you for motherhood. Lucky for me, it's 2017 where there are so many books, websites, blogs, and even smartphone apps to guide moms-to-be throughout their journey. 

This is all very new to me, and I'd like to be able to look back and remember details from this very happy and exciting time in my life. 

From now on, I will be writing about lullabies and lippies. I will still continue writing beauty articles, but I hope you'll also join me as I take you through my adventures as a wife, and as a mom-to-be. 

P.S. 
Credits for my new blog name goes to my best friend, my maid-of-honor, and ninang-to-be, Daryl 


You May Also Like

0 comments