TAG: Top 6 Lip Products

by - 4:42 PM

Thought I'd start with this tag. It's a super old tag, but it seemed fitting for a first post. :)

1. LipIce -- or any sort of chapstick, really! This just happens to be my favorite.


A must-have for everyone! Keeps my lips super moist and well-conditioned! I use this first thing in the morning and before I go to bed. I also use this as sort of a primer to prep my lips before putting on lipstick. I put this on before I begin with make-up and by the time I'm ready to put my lipstick on, my lips are already super soft. :) Comes off clear, gives your lips a nice sheen, and has a nice minty-tingly feeling when you're putting it on. Has SPF15 too, which is always a good thing! My favorite is the lemon! You can get these at your local Watsons for less than PhP100.00 :) (Plus points for the good price tag!)

2. Benefit Benetint


This lip and cheek tint is perfect for lazy days! It's sometimes a pain to wear lipstick or lipgloss in this hot, humid weather. With this, you can slap it on in the morning and not worry about it smearing off. Looks incredibly natural, too! On your cheeks, it gives you that subtle five-year-old-that's-been-running-around sort of flush. On your lips, it just looks completely healthy and natural. I'm not the biggest fan of the packaging, but I guess it works. One bottle will last you forever. I've had mine for over a year and I'm barely halfway through.

* A more budget-friendly dupe would be the lip and cheek stain from Body Shop! That has more of a gel-consistency as opposed to the Benetint which is waay more watery. Works really well, too. :)

3. MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner in Petting Pink


I guess by now, you can prolly already tell that I don't like wearing lipstick or lipgloss on a daily basis. I prefer lipstains and balms just because they feel smoother. This is my favorite tinted lip balm because aside from its usual benefits (moisturizing, conditioning, etc.) it gives your lips a nice pink tint. And it has SPF12 in it too, which is always a good thing when you're going to be out. I always have this in my school bag so I can just whip it out whenever my lips are feeling dry or I'm just feeling a little blah. I got this as a present from a friend for my 20th birthday. :)

4. MAC Slimshine in Bare 


First MAC lipstick I ever bought. I have already used this completely up -- the perfect MLBB shade for me. In between a lipstick and a gloss. It's not as thick or drying as some lipsticks can be. Slimshines have a high-shine finish, similar to a gloss, but have waaay more pigmentation than just a gloss. Unfortunately, MAC Slimshines have been discontinued, although they've come out with a new line of lipsticks with a similar formulation to the Slimshines (or so I've heard) -- the Sheen Supreme Lipsticks from MAC. The shade 'Bare Again' looks (and sounds!) similar.

5. Revlon Lip Butters

AMAZING! They're incredibly moisturizing as a lip butter should be, but give you intense color payoff, as well! You'd be surprised as to how pigmented these lip butters are! The downside to these are that they slide off or wear off pretty easily since they're just lip butters (not long-wearing). I find that I have to reapply or touch-up every 2-3 hours. They're a bit on the pricier side, especially for a drugstore brand, but well-worth every cent! Plus, the packaging is really sleek and classy-looking! Each color has a unique-colored lid to match the product. I think especially for those who are maybe just starting with make-up and not really comfortable with wearing lipstick yet, this is a good product to start with. :) My favorite shade is Strawberry Shortcake which is just a cute, wearable light pink color. I also really love Red Velvet -- dark, rich red with AMAZING color payoff! :)

6. MAC Lipstick in Pink Nouveau
 
Although I prefer lipbalms or lip butters, I do like wearing lipstick once in a while, especially if I'm going out at night. MAC Pink Nouveau is the perfect pink lipstick for going out at night! Looks crazy scary (Took me a while to get the courage to wear this out!), but you can really just dab a bit on your lips and blot, so that you get a sheerer effect. This has a Satin finish, so color payoff and staying power are both really good! :) It's a blue-toned pink, so your teeth appear whiter (Yay!). Looks incredible in photos, too! This is a nice alternative to bright red lips. I personally prefer pink to red lips any day.

*Tip: To avoid make-up meltdown (especially in the hot summer months ahead!), put on a bright lipcolor and go light on the rest of your face! A bright lip can easily make you look very put together, even with just some mascara on. :)

,
Nicole


P.S.
Tagging anyone and everyone who wants to do this!

You May Also Like

0 comments