Valentine's Trilogy PART 1: MAC Pink Swoon blush

by - 1:18 PM

Keeping with the Valentine's theme, I give you my Valentine's Trilogy in which I will share with you my three favorite beauty products which are fresh, sweet, and pink! I'm doing PART 1 today, and you can bet your buttons that PARTS 2 and 3 will be up by February 14th. Today, I'm kicking things off with MAC Pink Swoon blush! 

I don't use pink blush all that often anymore. My current taste in blush leans towards the peachy to rosy-tan end of the spectrum. But I, too, was a teenager once! And once upon a time, I would only really wear pink blush! Some pink blushes, I feel, can look a little too 'teenager-y,' but lately, since I've been trying to shop my stash and use up what I have, I'm slowly falling back in love with MAC Pink Swoon blush, which is my first MAC product ever!


From this picture, you can kind of see that I've made a pretty huge dent on it already because I've literally had this since I was still in junior year high school, so almost 8 years now.

L-R: unblended, blended
In the pan, it certainly looks like a very intense, bright, blue-based pink that can look clowny. Being that this is a Sheertone formula, though, application is a different story. Color is true-to-pan, but you're still able to see a little bit of your skin showing through, kind of like your skin 'glows through.' I personally prefer this kind of formula best for my blushes, since it allows you to slowly build it up without going overboard. The color itself is a sheer, blue-based pink which just looks oh-so-young, sweet, and fresh on your cheeks! On warm, Asian skin, though, you can really tell that you have some blush on. It's not one to use if you're going for that natural/no-make-up look is what I'm trying to say (Peach tones work best for that on warm, Asian skin:) ) Just the same, though, I love this blush because it looks great in person, and even better in photos! Because of its blue tones, I find this blush really brightens up your entire complexion, makes your eyes appear whiter and brighter, and well.. just makes you look fresher. It's no wonder this is a favorite of make-up artists to use on brides, and one of MAC's best-selling blushes!

Sadly though, I hear this has been discontinued (why, MAC, why???), but you might still be able to get a hold of it at some MAC counters or online shops! If not, I hear MAC Well Dressed or NARS Angelika are really similar, just a tad on the cooler side!

You May Also Like

0 comments