Valentine's Trilogy PART 3: MAC All That Glitters eyeshadow

by - 8:28 PM

I love one-shadow looks. They take no time at all to put together, yet you still look like you've 'made an effort.' For the last installation of my Valentine's Trilogy, I will be talking about MAC All That Glitters eyeshadow, which is a shimmery, pinky-champagne color which is easily one of my favorites, and one of my first MAC eyeshadows.

Couple of years back, I kind of went cray and jumped on the MAC bandwagon and started collecting MAC eyeshadows. I've mentioned previously that since then, numerous neutral palettes have come out - with qualities just as good, if not better, for just a fraction of the price you pay if you were to get similar colors all in MAC. Since then, my MAC eyeshadows have been sadly neglected, save for All That Glitters.

This shade is what I would call a stand-alone shadow, meaning I can use only this one color for my whole eye look. The shade is multi-dimensional, so it looks different from certain angles and in certain lightings. Sometimes it looks more pink, sometimes a more warm, champagne color, sometimes more rose gold. In the crease, it looks almost coppery, so it looks like you've spent more time on your look than you actually did. In a simple one-shadow look, this makes your complexion that much brighter and refreshed!

This color also works well in combination with other shades. I would typically use this as a lid shade and sometimes also in the inner corners of my eyes to make everything look even brighter! This color is so versatile, it works in any combination you could ever dream of, I promise!

Shimmery champagnes are quite the popular choice for eyeshadows. Pretty much all brands will have their own version. Some which I've found to be close dupes for MAC All That Glitters are: 1) eyelid shade from Wet N Wild Walking on Eggshells eyeshadow trio, 2) Revlon Nude Slip satin eyeshadow, and 3) Stila Kitten.

For your viewing pleasure, here are some product shots and swatches! :)


L-R: 1-MAC All That Glitters, 2-eyelid shade from WNW Walking on Eggshells, 3-Revlon Nude Slip, 4-Stila Kitten

The eyelid shade from Wet N Wild Walking on Eggshells is just a tad pinker. Revlon Nude Slip has the same warm shimmers running through it, and is very similar in tone, but leans just a smiiiidge more bronze. These two I would say are the closest in the bunch - if you were to use Revlon Nude Slip on one eye and MAC All That Glitters on the other, I bet you won't even be able to tell! Stila Kitten is also very similar in color, but with a whole lot more shimmer. The shimmers in Kitten are also more silvery, so although color is very close, Kitten looks a lot cooler than All That Glitters. (Note: I have Stila Kitten in smudge pot form which is a cream shadow, but the shade is also available in powder eyeshadow form.)

I hope you enjoyed my Valentine's Trilogy and had a great Valentine's weekend! 

You May Also Like

0 comments