January 2015 Faves ❤

by - 8:57 PM

I've got a lot to talk about and not much time, so here we go with the beauty faves!

Starting with skincare, I've been loving:
Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate & Midnight Recovery Eye cream
I use these in conjunction with one another at night, the concentrate as a serum, and the other (obviously) as an eye cream. This is probably Kiehl's two most popular products and over the years, and I've heard so much raves on how this truly is a miracle product to make your skin look more youthful, supple, and fresher by morning. I'm always skeptical about things like that which promise results immediately in such a short period of time (by morning? Are you kidding me?) but it truly does! The serum is nice because it doesn't leave a greasy film on your skin, it sinks in really nicely. And the eye cream - you can tell it's very potent, but it's still thin, so it gets absorbed really quickly. By morning, my skin looks refreshed and I look super well-rested!

Note: Photo is not mine. Credits go to the rightful owners.
Totally unrelated but doesn't the bottle look like something a mad scientist in a movie would pull out from his shelves??? Not that you would care, hehehe!

The Body Shop Vitamin C Daily Moisturiser SPF30
I caught a cold at the beginning of the month, and so I swapped in my usual Aveeno daily moisturizer for something a little more 'awakening' such as this one! And even after my cold had gone, I have not stopped using this! I love how certain instances like that bring you back to a product you once loved, and you think to yourself, "Why'd I ever stop using this??" I've been trying to be really good about applying SPF daily, and this has been helping me with that. The stereotypical moisturizers with SPF formula is thick, goopy, greasy, and sticky. This one however, for the SPF 30 content it provides, is surprisingly light and truly gel-like! I could hear my skin drink this up when I put it on (not really, but you get it!)

Note: Photo is not mine. Credits go to the rightful owners.
MoroccanOil Light Treatment
I love Argan Oil, but it's usually too heavy for my very fine (but unfortunately frizzy, so it doesn't look fine at all) hair. This Light formula is really the only thing that won't weigh my hair down! Feels like nothing when you put it on, but it's super nourishing.

Note: Photo is not mine. Credits go to the rightful owners.
For make-up:
Christian Dior Creme de Rose lip balm
The chilly/windy weather has made my lips so dry and chapped, this is the only thing that helps! Other lip balms I have are too thin or slippery, and they just don't cut it! This one is nice and thick and feels really nourishing and luxurious on my lips. I'm just about to run out of this one, but probably won't be repurchasing because it really is crazy expensive for a lip balm. (Any suggestions for a cheaper alternative that works just as well? Chapstick doesn't cut it for me!)

Note: Photo is not mine. Credits go to the rightful owners.
Shu Uemura Face Architect Glow Enhancing Powder Foundation
This was my first ever powder foundation. My mom got this for me waaaay back in high school. (Admittedly, I still have the same one, yikes! But no worries, it hasn't gone bad yet.. or so I hope.) I've been digging the whole minimal make-up look lately, and I've been opting to go for a light dusting of powder foundation. This one provides a good amount of coverage too, so I find when I use this, I don't have to use nearly as much concealer as I normally would if I were to use another powder like my 3W Clinic or my Maybelline Dream Matte. Doesn't get cakey or oily, and I find that the more 'worn-in' this gets on face, the better it seems to look!

Note: Photo is not mine. Credits go to the rightful owners.
NYX blush in Taupe
Staying with the whole minimal make-up look trend, I've been opting to define my face a little bit more vs. putting on eyeshadow. I'm okay with no eyeshadow, just give me contour. You know when you see someone and notice they've done something different to make them look better, but can't seem to tell what exactly it is? THIS.

Note: Photo is not mine. Credits go to the rightful owners.
Benefit blush in Bella Bamba
Because I've been going so minimal on the rest of my face, I do like a little bit more color and just a taaad bit sparkle on my cheeks to give me more life! This blush is the perfect peachy pink with subtle golden sparkles for everyday to make you look fresh and happy! :)



Wet N Wild Megalast Lipstick in Stoplight Red
On days that I do have to look a little bit more put-together, I'd rather sport a bold lip rather than wear a bunch of eyeshadows. Takes waaaay less time and effort to get ready, and you look just as polished (maybe even more!) This one by Wet N Wild is my favorite bold lip to wear because it goes with any outfit. It certainly is dramatic in person, but in pictures, it looks really nice and surprisingly, almost natural! I think I wore this one out on all weekends of January.

Note: Photo is not mine. Credits go to rightful owners.
That's it for my faves. I'd love to hear yours! :) Comment down below?

I hope your February is full of LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. ❤

You May Also Like

0 comments