Valentine's Trilogy PART 2: MAC Creme Cup lipstick

by - 4:52 PM

The nude-baby pink lip was all the rage some years ago after a photo of Kim K sporting a nude pink lip came out. Word's out that the lipstick she wore in the picture was MAC Angel. For PART 2 of my Valentine's Trilogy, I will NOT be talking about MAC Angel. Instead, I will be talking about MAC Creme Cup, which is Angel's classier, more subdued and sophisticated sister.

Here's the picture I was talking about:

Note: Photo is not mine. Credits go to the rightful owners.
I bought MAC Creme Cup quite a few years ago, but only very recently figured out the best way to wear it!


L-R: one swipe only, built up with 3 swipes
Off the bat, it's a creamy nude-y baby pink with slight blue undertones. The formula is a Cremesheen, so you can expect great color payoff from it while still being moisturizing. In comparison to MAC Angel (which I also shamelessly own) Creme Cup is more nude than pink. Angel has stronger pink tones in it. They're very, very similar, though! On your lips, you can't even tell the difference. You definitely want to get only one or the other, though. You really don't need both! (But if you're a hoarder like me, then be my guest! Hehe)

Fairer skin tones can certainly handle piling this on to get an opaque, nude pink lip. Piling it on doesn't quite work for my warm, Asian skintone though. Because I'm medium-skinned, too thick a layer can make the color look almost pasty. Also, piling it on intensifies the blue undertones in this, and I just found that to look a bit awkward against my warm skin. Ever since then, I sort of just pushed this to the back of my drawer and forgot about it. Late last year though, I came across this again and decided to wear it to work the next day. What I did was just a quick light sweep on my bottom lip, and another on my top lip, then blend, blend, blend it in with a finger, and VOILA! A very clean, classy. nude lip (that doesn't make you look dead and) that just makes you look so, so fresh. So office-appropriate, too! I got many compliments from my office mates that day I wore it.

If my little sister (let's pretend I have one) were meeting her boyfriend's mom for the first time, this is the lipstick I would get her to wear! It's pretty, sweet, subdued, classy, clean, and fresh, all at the same time!

I'll be back with PART 3 of my Valentine's Trilogy! Clue: it's another lip product! :)

You May Also Like

0 comments